- NX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.4 million.
- NX has traded 51,402 shares today.
- NX is trading at 6.58 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- NX is trading at a new high 5.05% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NX NOW at Trade-Ideas
- NX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- NX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, NX has a quick ratio of 1.76, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for QUANEX BUILDING PRODUCTS is rather low; currently it is at 21.95%. Regardless of NX's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.61% trails the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Building Products industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 88.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $20.13 million to $2.29 million.
- You can view the full Quanex Building Products Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.