- CBSH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $23.2 million.
- CBSH has traded 305 shares today.
- CBSH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CBSH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CBSH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CBSH: Commerce Bancshares, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for Commerce Bank that provides retail, corporate, investment, trust, and asset management products and services to individuals and businesses. It operates through three segments: Consumer, Commercial, and Wealth. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. CBSH has a PE ratio of 18. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Commerce a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Commerce has been 479,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. has a market cap of $4.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.06 and a short float of 8.2% with 13.99 days to cover. Shares are up 8.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Commerce as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- COMMERCE BANCSHARES INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, COMMERCE BANCSHARES INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.61 versus $2.60 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.62 versus $2.61).
- The gross profit margin for COMMERCE BANCSHARES INC is currently very high, coming in at 95.78%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 22.86% trails the industry average.
- CBSH, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.1%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $95.52 million or 21.36% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow COMMERCE BANCSHARES INC is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -37.29%.
- You can view the full Commerce Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.