- AMSG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $25.6 million.
- AMSG has traded 2,616 shares today.
- AMSG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMSG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMSG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AMSG: AmSurg Corp., through its subsidiaries, provides ambulatory and physician services in the United States. The company operates through two divisions, Ambulatory Services and Physician Services. AMSG has a PE ratio of 6. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Amsurg a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Amsurg has been 332,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Amsurg has a market cap of $3.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.42 and a short float of 7.3% with 8.12 days to cover. Shares are up 25.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Amsurg as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AMSG's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 13.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 119.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Health Care Providers & Services industry average. The net income increased by 22.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $17.20 million to $21.04 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $98.83 million or 41.54% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 0.85%.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, AMSG's share price has jumped by 35.38%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- AMSURG CORP's earnings per share declined by 27.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AMSURG CORP reported lower earnings of $1.42 versus $2.22 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.38 versus $1.42).
- You can view the full Amsurg Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.