- SUNE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $237.0 million.
- SUNE traded 12,664 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:05 AM.
- SUNE is up 2.1% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SUNE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SUNE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SUNE: SunEdison, Inc. develops, manufactures, and sells silicon wafers to the semiconductor industry. The company operates through three segments: Solar Energy, TerraForm Power, and Semiconductor Materials. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate SunEdison a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for SunEdison has been 9.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. SunEdison has a market cap of $8.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 3.96 and a short float of 24.7% with 8.57 days to cover. Shares are up 52% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SunEdison as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 59.11% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 56.21% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 39.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$614.00 million to -$372.00 million.
- Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, SUNEDISON INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 77.64 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.37, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$308.00 million or 43.12% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full SunEdison Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.