- STT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $163.0 million.
- STT is down 2.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in STT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for STT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on STT: State Street Corporation provides a range of financial products and services to institutional investors worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. STT has a PE ratio of 17. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate State Street a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for State Street has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. State Street has a market cap of $33.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.18 and a short float of 1% with 2.02 days to cover. Shares are up 2.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates State Street as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Capital Markets industry average. The net income increased by 12.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $363.00 million to $409.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 5.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for STATE STREET CORP is currently very high, coming in at 96.30%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 15.14% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full State Street Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.