- WCG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $29.0 million.
- WCG is making at least a new 3-day high.
- WCG has a PE ratio of 104.
- WCG is mentioned 1.87 times per day on StockTwits.
- WCG has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- WCG is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- WCG is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- WCG is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- WCG is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WCG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WCG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WCG: WellCare Health Plans, Inc. provides managed care services for government-sponsored health care programs. It operates in three segments: Medicaid Health Plans, Medicare Health Plans, and Medicare PDPs. WCG has a PE ratio of 104. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate WellCare Health Plans a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for WellCare Health Plans has been 369,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. WellCare Health Plans has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.49 and a short float of 5.9% with 7.05 days to cover. Shares are up 4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates WellCare Health Plans as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- WCG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 13.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.56, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, WCG has a quick ratio of 1.63, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 60.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $44.10 million to $17.50 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, WELLCARE HEALTH PLANS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full WellCare Health Plans Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.