- NCR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $44.3 million.
- NCR has traded 1.7 million shares today.
- NCR traded in a range 202.6% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.21.
- NCR traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 247 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 247 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NCR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NCR NOW at Trade-Ideas
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 400.00% to $75.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, NCR CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 48.85%.
- NCR CORP's earnings per share declined by 25.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NCR CORP reported lower earnings of $1.06 versus $2.67 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.65 versus $1.06).
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 33.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.8%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.91 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, NCR maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.93, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Computers & Peripherals industry and the overall market, NCR CORP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full NCR Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.