- PLCM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.5 million.
- PLCM has traded 227,274 shares today.
- PLCM is trading at 3.80 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- PLCM is trading at a new low 3.06% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PLCM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PLCM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PLCM: Polycom, Inc. provides collaboration solutions for voice, video, and content sharing. PLCM has a PE ratio of 28. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Polycom a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Polycom has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Polycom has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 0.50 and a short float of 7.2% with 10.96 days to cover. Shares are down 0.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Polycom as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- POLYCOM INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, POLYCOM INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.30 versus -$0.11 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.94 versus $0.30).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Communications Equipment industry. The net income increased by 631.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$3.99 million to $21.20 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 0.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- PLCM's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.24 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, PLCM has a quick ratio of 1.97, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Polycom Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.