- SHLD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $52.1 million.
- SHLD has traded 202,363 shares today.
- SHLD is up 3.2% today.
- SHLD was down 19.4% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SHLD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SHLD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SHLD: Sears Holdings Corporation operates as a retailer in the United States. It operates in two segments, Kmart and Sears Domestic. The average volume for Sears Holdings has been 644,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sears has a market cap of $4.2 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 2.90 and a short float of 75.9% with 6.44 days to cover. Shares are up 18.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sears Holdings as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $555.00 million or 1.42% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The gross profit margin for SEARS HOLDINGS CORP is rather low; currently it is at 24.42%. Regardless of SHLD's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -1.96% trails the industry average.
- SHLD, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 1.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 23.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- SEARS HOLDINGS CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SEARS HOLDINGS CORP reported poor results of -$15.83 versus -$12.86 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$9.32 versus -$15.83).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Multiline Retail industry. The net income increased by 55.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$358.00 million to -$159.00 million.
- You can view the full Sears Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.