- GILD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $1.2 billion.
- GILD has traded 202,865 shares today.
- GILD is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GILD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GILD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GILD: Gilead Sciences, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes medicines in areas of unmet medical nee in North America, South America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. GILD has a PE ratio of 13. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Gilead a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Gilead has been 11.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Gilead has a market cap of $167.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.87 and a short float of 4.1% with 4.46 days to cover. Shares are up 21.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Gilead as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- GILD's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 21.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 51.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 107.51% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 37.23% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GILD should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- GILEAD SCIENCES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GILEAD SCIENCES INC increased its bottom line by earning $7.38 versus $1.83 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($10.62 versus $7.38).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income increased by 94.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $2,227.41 million to $4,333.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, GILEAD SCIENCES INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Gilead Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.