- ISIS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $135.4 million.
- ISIS traded 226,915 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:02 AM, representing 12.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ISIS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ISIS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ISIS: Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. engages in the discovery and development of antisense drugs using novel drug discovery platform. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate ISIS Pharmaceuticals a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for ISIS Pharmaceuticals has been 2.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. ISIS has a market cap of $8.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.16 and a short float of 16.6% with 8.34 days to cover. Shares are up 8.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ISIS Pharmaceuticals as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ISIS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 21.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 122.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 48.14% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 134.43% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.42 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 8.13, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$42.83 million or 32.47% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full ISIS Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.