- AIZ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $38.7 million.
- AIZ has traded 481,114 shares today.
- AIZ traded in a range 227.3% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.57.
- AIZ traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 155 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 155 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AIZ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AIZ NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Although AIZ's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.23 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average.
- ASSURANT INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ASSURANT INC increased its bottom line by earning $6.42 versus $6.30 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 26.8% in earnings ($4.70 versus $6.42).
- The share price of ASSURANT INC has not done very well: it is down 5.28% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of the overall market trend could certainly make a critical difference, we do not see any strong reason stemming from the company's fundamentals that would cause a continuation of last year's decline. In fact, the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings.
- You can view the full Assurant Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.