- GALE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.0 million.
- GALE has traded 1.4 million shares today.
- GALE is up 3.6% today.
- GALE was down 7.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GALE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GALE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GALE: Galena Biopharma, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on developing and commercializing oncology therapeutics that address major unmet medical needs across cancer care. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Galena Biopharma a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Galena Biopharma has been 3.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Galena has a market cap of $362.2 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.78 and a short float of 10.7% with 2.17 days to cover. Shares are up 48.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Galena Biopharma as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 315.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$2.54 million to -$10.54 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$11.56 million or 43.58% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The share price of GALENA BIOPHARMA INC has not done very well: it is down 12.45% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- GALENA BIOPHARMA INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GALENA BIOPHARMA INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.30 versus -$0.79 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 6.7% in earnings (-$0.32 versus -$0.30).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, GALENA BIOPHARMA INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Galena Biopharma Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.