- BGC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.7 million.
- BGC has traded 61,008 shares today.
- BGC is up 3.1% today.
- BGC was down 5.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BGC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BGC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BGC: General Cable Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes copper, aluminum, and fiber optic wire and cable products for the energy, industrial, construction, and specialty and communications markets worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.5%. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates General Cable a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for General Cable has been 797,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. General Cable has a market cap of $1.0 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 2.17 and a short float of 7.9% with 4.40 days to cover. Shares are up 30.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates General Cable as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electrical Equipment industry. The net income increased by 87.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$315.40 million to -$38.10 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 376.05% to $98.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GENERAL CABLE CORP/DE has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -10.22%.
- GENERAL CABLE CORP/DE reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GENERAL CABLE CORP/DE reported poor results of -$12.83 versus -$0.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.19 versus -$12.83).
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.30 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, BGC maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.86, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, GENERAL CABLE CORP/DE's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full General Cable Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.