- IACI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $45.3 million.
- IACI has traded 81,759 shares today.
- IACI is trading at 4.08 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- IACI is trading at a new high 3.03% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IACI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IACI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IACI:
IAC/InterActiveCorp operates as a media and Internet company in the United States and internationally. It operates through four segments: The Match Group, Search & Applications, Media, and eCommerce. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. IACI has a PE ratio of 29. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate IAC/InterActiveCorp a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.The average volume for IAC/InterActiveCorp has been 797,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. IAC/InterActiveCorp has a market cap of $5.8 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 1.02 and a short float of 2.2% with 2.03 days to cover. Shares are up 23.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates IAC/InterActiveCorp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 5.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for IAC/INTERACTIVECORP is currently very high, coming in at 75.20%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, IACI's net profit margin of 3.41% significantly trails the industry average.
- IACI's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.62 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that IACI's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.77 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- You can view the full IAC/InterActiveCorp Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.