- EXL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.7 million.
- EXL has traded 55,965 shares today.
- EXL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EXL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EXL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EXL: Excel Trust, Inc. engages in financing, developing, leasing, owning and managing community and power centers, grocery anchored neighborhood centers and freestanding retail properties. The company was founded in 2009 and is based in San Diego, California. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.5%. EXL has a PE ratio of 72. Currently there are no analysts that rate Excel a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Excel has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Excel has a market cap of $1.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.35 and a short float of 3.3% with 2.58 days to cover. Shares are up 19% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Excel as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 32.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 811.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $2.20 million to $20.01 million.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. We feel that the combination of its price rise over the last year and its current price-to-earnings ratio relative to its industry tend to reduce its upside potential.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, EXCEL TRUST INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for EXCEL TRUST INC is rather low; currently it is at 20.36%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 49.20% has significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full Excel Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.