- APOG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.4 million.
- APOG is making at least a new 3-day high.
- APOG has a PE ratio of 32.
- APOG is mentioned 1.32 times per day on StockTwits.
- APOG has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- APOG is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- APOG is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- APOG is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- APOG is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in APOG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for APOG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on APOG: Apogee Enterprises, Inc. designs and develops glass solutions for enclosing commercial buildings and framing art in the United States, Canada, and Brazil. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. APOG has a PE ratio of 32. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Apogee a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Apogee has been 225,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Apogee has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 1.28 and a short float of 2.6% with 5.36 days to cover. Shares are up 27.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Apogee as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- APOG's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.05 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, APOG has a quick ratio of 1.54, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 74.07% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 86.67% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, APOG should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- APOGEE ENTERPRISES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, APOGEE ENTERPRISES INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.72 versus $0.95 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.12 versus $1.72).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Building Products industry. The net income increased by 72.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $8.04 million to $13.89 million.
- You can view the full Apogee Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.