- Retail customer trading volume (2) of $331 billion in May 2015, 8% higher than April 2015 and 39% higher than May 2014.
- Average retail customer trading volume (2) per day of $15.8 billion in May 2015, 14% higher than April 2015 and 46% higher than May 2014.
- An average of 520,282 retail client trades per day in May 2015, 2% higher than April 2015 and 65% higher than May 2014.
- Tradeable accounts (3) of 188,484 as of May 31, 2015, an increase of 263 accounts from April 2015, and an increase of 29,583 accounts, or 19% from May 2014.
- Institutional customer trading volume (1) of $206 billion in May 2015, 6% lower than April 2015 and 11% higher than May 2014.
- Average institutional trading volume (1) per day of $9.8 billion in May 2015, 2% lower than April 2015 and 17% higher than May 2014.
- An average of 38,394 institutional client trades per day in May 2015, 30% lower than April 2015 and 31% lower than May 2014.
About FXCM Inc.FXCM Inc. (NYSE:FXCM) is a leading provider of online foreign exchange (forex) trading, CFD trading, spread betting and related services. Our mission is to provide global traders with access to the world's largest and most liquid market by offering innovative trading tools, hiring excellent trading educators, meeting strict financial standards and striving for the best online trading experience in the market. Clients have the advantage of mobile trading, one-click order execution and trading from real-time charts. In addition, FXCM offers educational courses on forex trading and provides free news and market research through DailyFX.com. Trading foreign exchange and CFDs on margin carries a high level of risk, which may result in losses that could exceed your deposits, therefore may not be suitable for all investors. Read full disclaimer. Visit www.fxcm.com and follow us on Twitter @FXCM, Facebook FXCM, Google+ FXCM or YouTube FXCM.
CONTACT: FXCM Inc. Jaclyn Klein, 646-432-2463 Vice-President, Corporate Communications firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com