- CYT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $31.2 million.
- CYT is making at least a new 3-day high.
- CYT has a PE ratio of 32.
- CYT is mentioned 1.10 times per day on StockTwits.
- CYT has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- CYT is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- CYT is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- CYT is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- CYT is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CYT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CYT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CYT: Cytec Industries Inc., a specialty materials and chemicals company, focuses on developing, manufacturing, and selling value-added products for aerospace and industrial materials, mining, and plastics industries. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. CYT has a PE ratio of 32. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Cytec Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cytec Industries has been 448,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cytec has a market cap of $4.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 0.84 and a short float of 1.5% with 2.43 days to cover. Shares are up 31.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cytec Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 14.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.62, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.40, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- 36.04% is the gross profit margin for CYTEC INDUSTRIES INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 8.25% trails the industry average.
- CYTEC INDUSTRIES INC's earnings per share declined by 23.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CYTEC INDUSTRIES INC reported lower earnings of $1.95 versus $2.21 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.30 versus $1.95).
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Cytec Industries Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.