NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- TheStreet, Inc., (TST) an award-winning financial media company recently named on Folio:'s list of Top Places to Work in Media, is seeking reporters who will be responsible for researching, reporting and writing stories covering major U.S. corporations. TheStreet expects applicants to be versed in multimedia, including the use of Web video, graphics and photos and to be comfortable with social media. This is a fast-paced and innovative environment, often with multiple competing deadlines, so the ability to diligently multitask is an invaluable skill.
Other responsibilities include:
- Observe, analyze and track news sources impacting the financial services industry.
- Provide real-time coverage and produce multiple daily market updates.
- Identify, recommend and develop stories surrounding the latest news regarding the banking industry, federal policy and market trends.
- Land interviews with top executives and to ask questions that break news.
- Produce weekly and monthly enterprise stories.
- Implement digital journalistic strategies to enhance reports and engage audience interests.
- Identify and develop relationships with new information sources.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Three to five years writing for a financial news outlet or related experience
- Excellent writing and analytic skills
- Ability to meet constant deadlines
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Supportive attitude and the ability to function well in a team environment
Please send your resume, writing samples and salary requirements with "FNW-TST" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.