- HDS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $42.4 million.
- HDS has traded 1.5 million shares today.
- HDS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HDS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HDS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HDS: HD Supply Holdings, Inc. operates as an industrial distributor in North America. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate HD Supply Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for HD Supply Holdings has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. HD Supply has a market cap of $6.6 billion and is part of the services sector and wholesale industry. Shares are up 12.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates HD Supply Holdings as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Trading Companies & Distributors industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 40.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$66.00 million to -$93.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for HD SUPPLY HOLDINGS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 28.78%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -4.63% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $174.00 million or 21.67% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, HD SUPPLY HOLDINGS INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 23.51%.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is higher, and it has outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- HD SUPPLY HOLDINGS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HD SUPPLY HOLDINGS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.03 versus -$1.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.92 versus -$0.03).
- You can view the full HD Supply Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.