- OPK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $119.8 million.
- OPK has traded 654,676 shares today.
- OPK is trading at 2.14 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- OPK is trading at a new low 3.05% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OPK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OPK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OPK: OPKO Health, Inc., a biopharmaceutical and diagnostics company, engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel and proprietary technologies in the United States and internationally. It operates through two segments, Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Opko Health a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Opko Health has been 3.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Opko Health has a market cap of $7.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.49 and a short float of 65.5% with 5.80 days to cover. Shares are up 67.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Opko Health as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 21.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 35.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- OPK's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.15 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, OPK has a quick ratio of 2.02, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for OPKO HEALTH INC is rather high; currently it is at 68.55%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -389.28% is in-line with the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 162.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$44.55 million to -$117.11 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, OPKO HEALTH INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Opko Health Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.