- EPE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.2 million.
- EPE has traded 81,054 shares today.
- EPE is trading at 2.06 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- EPE is trading at a new high 4.01% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EPE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EPE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EPE:
EP Energy Corporation, an independent exploration and production company, acquires and develops unconventional onshore oil and natural gas properties in the United States. EPE has a PE ratio of 1. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate EP Energy a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold.The average volume for EP Energy has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. EP Energy has a market cap of $3.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 25.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates EP Energy as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.08 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.30, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- EPE's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 37.22%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- EP ENERGY CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EP ENERGY CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $2.97 versus -$0.42 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 80.5% in earnings ($0.58 versus $2.97).
- The gross profit margin for EP ENERGY CORP is currently very high, coming in at 79.11%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.85% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $291.00 million or 30.49% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, EP ENERGY CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -53.19%.
- You can view the full EP Energy Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.