- BGC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.8 million.
- BGC has traded 165,501 shares today.
- BGC is trading at 9.11 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- BGC is trading at a new low 5.04% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BGC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BGC NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electrical Equipment industry. The net income increased by 87.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$315.40 million to -$38.10 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 376.05% to $98.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GENERAL CABLE CORP/DE has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -10.22%.
- GENERAL CABLE CORP/DE reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GENERAL CABLE CORP/DE reported poor results of -$12.83 versus -$0.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.19 versus -$12.83).
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.30 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, BGC maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.86, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, GENERAL CABLE CORP/DE's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full General Cable Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.