- ESI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.7 million.
- ESI has traded 56,658 shares today.
- ESI is up 4.1% today.
- ESI was down 12.4% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ESI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ESI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ESI: ITT Educational Services, Inc. provides postsecondary degree programs in the United States. ESI has a PE ratio of 3. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates ITT Educational Services a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for ITT Educational Services has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. ITT Educational Services has a market cap of $90.9 million and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 3.02 and a short float of 60.4% with 2.96 days to cover. Shares are down 59.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ITT Educational Services as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.38 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. To add to this, ESI has a quick ratio of 0.66, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Diversified Consumer Services industry and the overall market, ITT EDUCATIONAL SERVICES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ESI's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 76.32%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $33.12 million or 35.58% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 35.58%, ITT EDUCATIONAL SERVICES INC is still significantly exceeding the industry average of -342.31%.
- ESI, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 7.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.6%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full ITT Educational Services Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.