- BURL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $68.3 million.
- BURL traded 146,865 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:22 AM, representing 10.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BURL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BURL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BURL: Burlington Stores, Inc. operates as a retailer of branded apparel products in the United States. The company offers fashion-focused merchandise, including women's ready-to-wear apparel, menswear, youth apparel, baby products, footwear, accessories, home decor and gifts, and coats. BURL has a PE ratio of 63. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Burlington Stores a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Burlington Stores has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Burlington Stores has a market cap of $4.1 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. Shares are up 16.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Burlington Stores as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- This stock has increased by 94.35% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $213.83 million or 3.76% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 3.76%, BURLINGTON STORES INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 117.59%.
- 42.62% is the gross profit margin for BURLINGTON STORES INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 6.33% is above that of the industry average.
- BURLINGTON STORES INC has improved earnings per share by 47.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, BURLINGTON STORES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.85 versus $0.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.28 versus $0.85).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Multiline Retail industry. The net income increased by 49.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $63.58 million to $94.87 million.
- You can view the full Burlington Stores Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.