- CSIQ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $80.9 million.
- CSIQ has traded 1.7 million shares today.
- CSIQ is down 3% today.
- CSIQ was up 5.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CSIQ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CSIQ NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CSIQ: Canadian Solar Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, manufactures, and sells solar wafers, cells, and solar power products worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Module and Energy. CSIQ has a PE ratio of 6. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Canadian Solar a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Canadian Solar has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Canadian Solar has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 3.76 and a short float of 8.1% with 1.36 days to cover. Shares are up 37.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Canadian Solar as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels, solid stock price performance and compelling growth in net income. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CSIQ's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 0.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 84.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 1385.71% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 33.61% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, CANADIAN SOLAR INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 1521.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.78 million to $61.33 million.
- You can view the full Canadian Solar Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.