How To YieldBoost AMC Entertainment Holdings To 15.4% Using Options

Shareholders of AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc. ( AMC) looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 2.8% annualized dividend yield can sell the September covered call at the $30 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.00 bid, which annualizes to an additional 12.6% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 15.4% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $30 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but AMC shares would have to climb 5.5% from current levels for that to occur, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 9% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.

START SLIDESHOW:
Top YieldBoost Calls of the S&P 500 »

In general, dividend amounts are not always predictable and tend to follow the ups and downs of profitability at each company. In the case of AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc., looking at the dividend history chart for AMC below can help in judging whether the most recent dividend is likely to continue, and in turn whether it is a reasonable expectation to expect a 2.8% annualized dividend yield.

If you liked this article you might like

Stocks Dad Would Have Loved, And Why He Was Right

Media Stocks Jump Following Goldman Conference

Weekend Box Office Preview: This Could Be the Slowest Labor Day in 25 Years

Direct to Consumer Movie Options Hurt AMC, Barclays Says