- JNS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $43.8 million.
- JNS has traded 1.4 million shares today.
- JNS traded in a range 260.5% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.04.
- JNS traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 11 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 11 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JNS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JNS NOW at Trade-Ideas
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- JNS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- JANUS CAPITAL GROUP INC has improved earnings per share by 43.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, JANUS CAPITAL GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.81 versus $0.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.02 versus $0.81).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Capital Markets industry average. The net income increased by 46.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $30.50 million to $44.60 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 43.75% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 53.64% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Janus Capital Group Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.