- AMBA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $335.1 million.
- AMBA has traded 87,724 shares today.
- AMBA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMBA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMBA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AMBA: Ambarella, Inc. develops semiconductor processing solutions for video that enable high-definition (HD) video capture, sharing, and display worldwide. AMBA has a PE ratio of 47. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Ambarella a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ambarella has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ambarella has a market cap of $3.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.21 and a short float of 26% with 2.32 days to cover. Shares are up 97.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ambarella as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AMBA's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 0.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 73.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- AMBA has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.85, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, AMBARELLA INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- AMBARELLA INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AMBARELLA INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.56 versus $0.85 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.09 versus $1.56).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 258.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $5.26 million to $18.85 million.
- You can view the full Ambarella Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.