- TAP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $108.7 million.
- TAP has traded 2.4 million shares today.
- TAP traded in a range 243.1% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.46.
- TAP traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 28 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 28 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TAP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TAP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TAP: Molson Coors Brewing Company manufactures and sells beer and other beverage products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. TAP has a PE ratio of 33. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Molson Coors Brewing a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Molson Coors Brewing has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Molson Coors Brewing has a market cap of $12.2 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 1.35 and a short float of 2.8% with 2.62 days to cover. Shares are up 0.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Molson Coors Brewing as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.45, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.40 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- 43.30% is the gross profit margin for MOLSON COORS BREWING CO which we consider to be strong. Regardless of TAP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.58% trails the industry average.
- MOLSON COORS BREWING CO has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MOLSON COORS BREWING CO reported lower earnings of $2.75 versus $3.06 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.85 versus $2.75).
- TAP, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 5.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 14.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Molson Coors Brewing Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.