- YY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $80.1 million.
- YY has traded 3.4 million shares today.
- YY is trading at 4.15 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- YY crossed above its 200-day simple moving average.
'Storm the Castle' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakout can lead to potentially massive profits. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock is then free to find new buyers and momentum traders who can ultimately push the stock significantly higher. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize on. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in YY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for YY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on YY: YY Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates an online social platform in the People's Republic of China. YY has a PE ratio of 2. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate YY a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for YY has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. YY has a market cap of $3.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are up 4.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates YY as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- YY's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 73.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- 41.51% is the gross profit margin for YY INC -ADR which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 19.73% trails the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.06 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 3.97, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full YY Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.