- LEAF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $27.6 million.
- LEAF has traded 255,118 shares today.
- LEAF traded in a range 358.5% of the normal price range with a price range of $3.64.
- LEAF traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 30 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 30 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LEAF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LEAF NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Consumer Finance industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 100.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $52.32 million to $0.00 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 4.76 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $189.00 million or 30.52% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 30.52%, SPRINGLEAF HOLDINGS INC is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -37.88%.
- SPRINGLEAF HOLDINGS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SPRINGLEAF HOLDINGS INC turned its bottom line around by earning $4.37 versus -$0.18 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 51.9% in earnings ($2.10 versus $4.37).
- LEAF, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 24.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Springleaf Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.