- MO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $265.1 million.
- MO has traded 2.6 million shares today.
- MO traded in a range 206% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.20.
- MO traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 213 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 213 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MO: Altria Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells cigarettes, smokeless products, and wine in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.1%. MO has a PE ratio of 2. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Altria Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Altria Group has been 7.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Altria Group has a market cap of $99.0 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and tobacco industry. The stock has a beta of 0.98 and a short float of 0.6% with 2.07 days to cover. Shares are up 1.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Altria Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 23.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Tobacco industry and the overall market, ALTRIA GROUP INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ALTRIA GROUP INC is rather high; currently it is at 58.97%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 23.82% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $2,498.00 million or 17.55% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -30.30%.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, MO's share price has jumped by 26.61%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Altria Group Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.