- NVAX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $25.1 million.
- NVAX has traded 399,233 shares today.
- NVAX is trading at 2.86 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- NVAX is trading at a new low 4.11% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NVAX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NVAX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NVAX: Novavax, Inc., a clinical-stage vaccine company, focuses on discovering, developing, and commercializing recombinant nanoparticle vaccines and adjuvants. The company produces its vaccines using its proprietary recombinant nanoparticle vaccine technology. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Novavax a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Novavax has been 3.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Novavax has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.26 and a short float of 11.6% with 9.25 days to cover. Shares are up 47.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Novavax as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NOVAVAX INC's earnings per share declined by 42.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NOVAVAX INC reported poor results of -$0.36 versus -$0.31 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 19.4% in earnings (-$0.43 versus -$0.36).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 76.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$13.81 million to -$24.37 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$30.49 million or 49.23% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, NOVAVAX INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for NOVAVAX INC is currently very high, coming in at 88.36%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -246.73% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full Novavax Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.