- EWBC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $36.3 million.
- EWBC has traded 11,659 shares today.
- EWBC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EWBC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EWBC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EWBC: East West Bancorp, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for East West Bank that provides a range of personal and commercial banking services to small and medium-sized businesses, business executives, professionals, and other individuals. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. EWBC has a PE ratio of 17. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate East West Bancorp a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for East West Bancorp has been 778,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. East West has a market cap of $6.2 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.30 and a short float of 1.6% with 2.73 days to cover. Shares are up 13.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates East West Bancorp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- EAST WEST BANCORP INC has improved earnings per share by 32.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EAST WEST BANCORP INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.37 versus $2.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.68 versus $2.37).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income increased by 34.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $74.17 million to $100.03 million.
- The gross profit margin for EAST WEST BANCORP INC is currently very high, coming in at 89.42%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 32.54% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 244.24% to $125.54 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, EAST WEST BANCORP INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -27.80%.
- You can view the full East West Bancorp Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.