- MET has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $291.8 million.
- MET traded 13,592 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:26 AM.
- MET is up 2.1% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MET with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MET NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MET: MetLife, Inc. provides life insurance, annuities, employee benefits, and asset management products in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.8%. MET has a PE ratio of 9. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate MetLife a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for MetLife has been 5.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. MetLife has a market cap of $59.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 1.70 and a short float of 1.6% with 2.91 days to cover. Shares are down 0.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates MetLife as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- METLIFE INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, METLIFE INC increased its bottom line by earning $5.42 versus $2.91 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.89 versus $5.42).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Insurance industry. The net income increased by 62.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1,328.00 million to $2,158.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $2,686.00 million or 8.13% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, METLIFE INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 21.13%.
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.