- SCHW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $188.8 million.
- SCHW traded 15,482 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:03 AM.
- SCHW is up 2.8% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SCHW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SCHW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SCHW: The Charles Schwab Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, money management, and financial advisory services. The company operates through two segments, Investor Services and Advisor Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. SCHW has a PE ratio of 34. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Charles Schwab a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Charles Schwab has been 6.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Charles Schwab has a market cap of $41.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.23 and a short float of 2.2% with 4.47 days to cover. Shares are up 7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Charles Schwab as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 5.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SCHW's share price has jumped by 26.13%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- SCHWAB (CHARLES) CORP's earnings per share declined by 8.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SCHWAB (CHARLES) CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.96 versus $0.78 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.04 versus $0.96).
- 35.98% is the gross profit margin for SCHWAB (CHARLES) CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of SCHW's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 19.47% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$1,305.00 million or 1991.30% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Charles Schwab Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.