- KEYW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.5 million.
- KEYW has traded 69,935 shares today.
- KEYW is trading at 3.33 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- KEYW is trading at a new high 4.08% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KEYW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KEYW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KEYW:
The KEYW Holding Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides mission-critical cybersecurity, cyber superiority, and geospatial intelligence solutions in the United States. The company operates through Government Solutions and Commercial Cyber Solutions segments. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate KEYW a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.The average volume for KEYW has been 407,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. KEYW has a market cap of $261.4 million and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.78 and a short float of 41.6% with 25.88 days to cover. Shares are down 29.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates KEYW as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- KEYW HOLDING CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KEYW HOLDING CORP reported poor results of -$0.34 versus -$0.28 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 20.6% in earnings (-$0.41 versus -$0.34).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 98.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$3.08 million to -$6.10 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Aerospace & Defense industry and the overall market, KEYW HOLDING CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for KEYW HOLDING CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 33.49%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -8.51% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$5.15 million or 209.93% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full KEYW Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.