- EBS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.1 million.
- EBS has traded 31,844 shares today.
- EBS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EBS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EBS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EBS: Emergent BioSolutions Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, develops, manufactures, and commercializes specialized products for use in biodefense and commercial markets in the United States and internationally. EBS has a PE ratio of 37. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Emergent BioSolutions a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Emergent BioSolutions has been 257,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Emergent BioSolutions has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.94 and a short float of 11.4% with 15.23 days to cover. Shares are up 17.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Emergent BioSolutions as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, robust revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, EBS's share price has jumped by 45.57%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, EBS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 21.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for EMERGENT BIOSOLUTIONS INC is currently very high, coming in at 86.55%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -33.81% is in-line with the industry average.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.47, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 3.71 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- You can view the full Emergent BioSolutions Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.