- LAD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $35.3 million.
- LAD has traded 21,371 shares today.
- LAD is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LAD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LAD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LAD: Lithia Motors, Inc. operates as an automotive franchisee and retailer of new and used vehicles in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. LAD has a PE ratio of 19. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Lithia Motors a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Lithia Motors has been 275,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Lithia has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.60 and a short float of 7.3% with 6.14 days to cover. Shares are up 27.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Lithia Motors as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and reasonable valuation levels. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LAD's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 66.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 62.76% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 37.47% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, LAD should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- LITHIA MOTORS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LITHIA MOTORS INC increased its bottom line by earning $5.15 versus $4.02 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.30 versus $5.15).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income increased by 64.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $24.73 million to $40.65 million.
- You can view the full Lithia Motors Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.