- LVS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $297.8 million.
- LVS traded 30,844 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:47 AM.
- LVS is up 3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LVS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LVS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LVS: Las Vegas Sands Corp. develops, owns, and operates integrated resorts in Asia and the United States. The company owns and operates The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, Sands Cotai Central, the Four Seasons Hotel Macao, the Plaza Casino, and the Sands Macao in Macau, the People's Republic of China. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.2%. LVS has a PE ratio of 16. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Las Vegas Sands a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Las Vegas Sands has been 5.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Las Vegas Sands has a market cap of $39.9 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.58 and a short float of 4.7% with 4.04 days to cover. Shares are down 12.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Las Vegas Sands as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- 47.43% is the gross profit margin for LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 16.99% is above that of the industry average.
- LVS, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 7.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 24.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP's earnings per share declined by 32.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.51 versus $2.79 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 23.0% in earnings ($2.70 versus $3.51).
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.29 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, LVS has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 1.57, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Las Vegas Sands Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.