- NUE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $81.5 million.
- NUE has traded 442,098 shares today.
- NUE is trading at 2.64 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- NUE crossed above its 200-day simple moving average.
'Storm the Castle' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakout can lead to potentially massive profits. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock is then free to find new buyers and momentum traders who can ultimately push the stock significantly higher. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize on. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NUE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NUE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NUE: Nucor Corporation manufactures and sells steel and steel products in the United States and internationally. It operates through three segments: Steel Mills, Steel Products, and Raw Materials. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.1%. NUE has a PE ratio of 23. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Nucor a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Nucor has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Nucor has a market cap of $15.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 1.26 and a short float of 2.3% with 3.56 days to cover. Shares are up 0.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Nucor as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 277.77% to $563.69 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, NUCOR CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -35.64%.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.58, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that NUE's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.95 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, NUCOR CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 17.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 13.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- NUCOR CORP's earnings per share declined by 40.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NUCOR CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.22 versus $1.52 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 17.8% in earnings ($1.83 versus $2.22).
- You can view the full Nucor Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.