- VAC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.8 million.
- VAC has traded 1,467 shares today.
- VAC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VAC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VAC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VAC: Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation develops, markets, sells, and manages vacation ownership and related products under the Marriott Vacation Club and Grand Residences by Marriott brands. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. VAC has a PE ratio of 31. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Marriott Vacations Worldwide a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Marriott Vacations Worldwide has been 167,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Marriott Vacations Worldwide has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.76 and a short float of 2.3% with 4.34 days to cover. Shares are up 19.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Marriott Vacations Worldwide as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.57, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 90.74% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 61.53% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, VAC should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- MARRIOTT VACATIONS WORLDWIDE reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MARRIOTT VACATIONS WORLDWIDE increased its bottom line by earning $2.30 versus $2.17 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.47 versus $2.30).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income increased by 79.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $19.00 million to $34.05 million.
- You can view the full Marriott Vacations Worldwide Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.