- HOLX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $59.2 million.
- HOLX has traded 1.2 million shares today.
- HOLX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HOLX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HOLX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HOLX: Hologic, Inc. develops, manufactures, and supplies diagnostics products, medical imaging systems, and surgical products for women in the United States and internationally. The company operates in four segments: Diagnostics, Breast Health, GYN Surgical, and Skeletal Health. HOLX has a PE ratio of 87. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Hologic a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Hologic has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Hologic has a market cap of $10.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.13 and a short float of 4.9% with 5.90 days to cover. Shares are up 35.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Hologic as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HOLOGIC INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HOLOGIC INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.06 versus -$4.33 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.59 versus $0.06).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 385.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$16.77 million to $47.80 million.
- HOLX's revenue growth trails the industry average of 22.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 128.53% to $157.80 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HOLOGIC INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -74.03%.
- The gross profit margin for HOLOGIC INC is rather high; currently it is at 66.36%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 7.29% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Hologic Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.