- BNCL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $6.0 million.
- BNCL is making at least a new 3-day high.
- BNCL has a PE ratio of 51.
- BNCL is mentioned 0.71 times per day on StockTwits.
- BNCL has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- BNCL is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- BNCL is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- BNCL is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- BNCL is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BNCL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BNCL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BNCL: Beneficial Bancorp, Inc. operates as a holding company for Beneficial Bank that provides consumer and commercial banking services to individuals, businesses, and nonprofit organizations in the greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey area. BNCL has a PE ratio of 51. Currently there are no analysts that rate Beneficial Bancorp a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Beneficial Bancorp has been 477,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Beneficial has a market cap of $1.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 0.47 and a short float of 1.7% with 3.34 days to cover. Shares are up 9.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Beneficial Bancorp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BENEFICIAL BANCORP INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BENEFICIAL BANCORP INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.22 versus $0.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.24 versus $0.22).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry. The net income increased by 112.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $2.47 million to $5.25 million.
- The gross profit margin for BENEFICIAL BANCORP INC is currently very high, coming in at 93.07%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.94% trails the industry average.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 9.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $3.14 million or 70.88% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 70.88%, BENEFICIAL BANCORP INC is still significantly exceeding the industry average of -232.81%.
- You can view the full Beneficial Bancorp Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.