- NVO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $65.1 million.
- NVO has traded 900,829 shares today.
- NVO is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NVO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NVO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NVO: Novo Nordisk A/S, a healthcare company, engages in the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of pharmaceutical products worldwide. It operates in two segments, Diabetes Care and Biopharmaceuticals. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Novo Nordisk A/S a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Novo Nordisk A/S has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Novo Nordisk A/S has a market cap of $149.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 34.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Novo Nordisk A/S as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 34.84% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, NVO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, NOVO NORDISK A/S's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for NOVO NORDISK A/S is currently very high, coming in at 84.63%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 39.19% is above that of the industry average.
- NOVO NORDISK A/S has improved earnings per share by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NOVO NORDISK A/S reported lower earnings of $1.64 versus $1.73 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.88 versus $1.64).
- NVO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.02 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that NVO's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.52, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Novo Nordisk A/S Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.