- GPN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $62.0 million.
- GPN has traded 290,265 shares today.
- GPN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GPN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GPN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GPN: Global Payments Inc. provides electronic payments transaction processing services. The company operates in two segments, North America Merchant Services and International Merchant Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.1%. GPN has a PE ratio of 27. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Global Payments a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. The average volume for Global Payments has been 596,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Global Payments has a market cap of $6.9 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.97 and a short float of 3% with 2.56 days to cover. Shares are up 29.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Global Payments as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income and reasonable valuation levels. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 22.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 49.52% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- GLOBAL PAYMENTS INC has improved earnings per share by 22.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GLOBAL PAYMENTS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.37 versus $2.76 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.82 versus $3.37).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the IT Services industry. The net income increased by 13.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $55.12 million to $62.57 million.
- You can view the full Global Payments Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.