- DEG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.9 million.
- DEG is making at least a new 3-day high.
- DEG has a PE ratio of 7.
- DEG is mentioned 1.10 times per day on StockTwits.
- DEG has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- DEG is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- DEG is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- DEG is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- DEG is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DEG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DEG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DEG: Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie 'Le Lion' (Groupe Delhaize) Societe Anonyme, together with its subsidiaries, operates food supermarkets. It also operates other store formats, including proximity, cash and carry, and specialty stores. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. DEG has a PE ratio of 7. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Delhaize Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Delhaize Group has been 173,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Delhaize Group has a market cap of $9.1 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. Shares are up 20.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Delhaize Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, DEG's share price has jumped by 27.17%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.43, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that DEG's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.67, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- DELHAIZE GROUP - ETS DLHZ FR has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DELHAIZE GROUP - ETS DLHZ FR reported lower earnings of $0.55 versus $0.91 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.35 versus $0.55).
- DEG, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 5.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 9.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for DELHAIZE GROUP - ETS DLHZ FR is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.56%. Regardless of DEG's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 0.47% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Delhaize Group Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.