- CG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.9 million.
- CG traded 60,755 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:19 AM, representing 13% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CG: The Carlyle Group LP is an investment firm specializing in direct and fund of fund investments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 7.3%. CG has a PE ratio of 23. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Carlyle Group L P a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Carlyle Group L P has been 746,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Carlyle Group L P has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.70 and a short float of 1.5% with 3.68 days to cover. Shares are up 12.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Carlyle Group L P as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, notable return on equity and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 60.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $24.60 million to $39.50 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, CARLYLE GROUP LP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,475.00 million or 49.02% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 49.02%, CARLYLE GROUP LP is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 190.26%.
- 36.88% is the gross profit margin for CARLYLE GROUP LP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of CG's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CG's net profit margin of 3.47% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- In its most recent trading session, CG has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- You can view the full Carlyle Group L P Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.